James Gavin Reardon Jr.
Email MeJames Gavin Reardon Jr.
Mr. Reardon was admitted to practice in Massachusetts State Courts in 1985, the Federal District Court of Massachusetts in 1986, the United States Supreme Court in 1989 and the State Courts of Maine in 1992.& He is the 2007-2008 President of the Worcester County Bar Association. He is also a past Co-Chair of the Worcester County Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee, and a Co-Founder and long time Co-Chair of the Worcester County Bar Association Law Office Technology Committee. He has served on various committees of the Massachusetts Bar Association, including the Criminal Justice Section Counsel and the Law Practice Management Section. He is currently a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association Executive Management Board and House of Delegates.
Mr. Reardon is a graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center. His practice focuses on civil and criminal litigation, including plaintiff's personal injury law and defense of corporations. Corporate clients include the Roman Catholic Bishop of Worcester and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
Mr. Reardon is certified by the Committee for Public Counsel Services to represent indigent clients charged with felonies, and is often appointed by the court in cases involving assaultive felonies, including murder. He is also certified by the United States District Court of Massachusetts to represent indigent clients facing federal criminal charges.
Mr. Reardon belongs to the Massachusetts Bar Association, The Worcester County Bar Association, The Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys and the Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is a Lifetime Fellow of the Massachusetts Bar Foundation.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Criminal Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Corporate Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Special Education Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1985
- Maine, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1986
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Massachusetts, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
Honors and Awards
- President, Worcester County Bar Association, September 1, 2007 - August 31, 2008
- President's Award Recipient, Worcester County Bar Association
- Lifetime Fellow, Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Worcester County Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee, Past Co-Chair
- Worcester County Bar Association Law Office Technology Committee, Co-Founder
- Worcester County Bar Association Law Office Technology Committee, Co-Chair
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section Counsel
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- The Worcester County Bar Association
- The Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers